Thursday, September 27, 2007

Celebrating Will


On Friday, September 14th, 2007 police found William Liberi, my friend and former coworker, who was only 23, deceased at his home. I was shocked when I heard the news, over facebook and email and at least to me its still unknown what was the cause. I'm planning on writing a better tribute later, but I'm so busy with my classes that this little bit will have to do for now. Will and I worked in my dining hall for about a year, until he withdrew from Local Private College that Enrolls Many Ugg Wearing Female Students. He was a grad student who didn't feel the need to point out superiority to his undergrad friends. He was the first transgendered person I'd ever met and I'm grateful that that first time experience was with him because he was one of the most helpful and generous persons I've ever met. If you ever had a problem with your bf/gf he always had a suggestion on how to fix the problem you were having. He primary goal as far as a career goes was to become a psychologist/therapist for individuals who were questioning their gender, he wanted to be the counselor he never had. He had a beautiful soul and he will be greatly missed by his friends and the entire LGBT community that knew him, both at my school and Local Private College that Enrolls Many Ugg Wearing Female Students because of how much he shared with us and gave to us in terms of friendship. The LGBT center here is going to be organizing a type of memorial service for him here, but I'm not sure when. All I can hope is that where ever he is now he can finally find some peace because he truly deserves it.

2 comments:

BerryBird said...

I am so sorry about your loss.

caustin said...

Hi..I am an MSW student at Syracuse University and was just informed of Will's death, I am so sorry for your loss, what a tradegy, he was a wonderful person and kind hearted sole. He added something to my life that i will always keep dear to my heart while working in the field. If you have any more details on his death or other pertinent information i would be most appreciative.